This is a photo diary of my costuming "travels"; where I've learned and struggled to make historical costumes for myself. They're not always pretty, but always fun, most of the time. And I want to share with others what I learn along the way. **You can find me on Facebook, https://www.facebook.com/Time-Traveling-in-Costume-640703499399817/ or have my posts delivered to your email by signing up at the lower part of the right column.**



About Me

My photo
HI, my name is Val. I'm a member of Costumer's Guild West in Los Angeles, Dean of 2018 & 2024 Costume College; Past President of the San Diego Costume Guild, member of Orange County Costume Guild, and a representative of the San Diego History Center. I also put on historical fashion shows for various groups. I make my own historical costumes but don't sell any unless I get tired of one.The eras I've made so far are 1770 up to 1918. My favorite is the 1880s bustle.

Followers

Saturday, May 4, 2013

Very Inspiring Blogger award


I received this award from two people within a day of each other near the beginning of April. I received it first from Marijke of  I Like Historical Clothing  and from Cindy at The Broke Costumer   With everything going on with me at the time, I wasn’t able to focus on what all was required of me to accept this award and follow up on it. I was supposed to nominate 15 bloggers that were also deserving of this award. My first thought was, come on, how about just 2 or 3?  Of course I went searching my list of favorite bloggers and most of them have already been nominated for it. So what’s a girl to do? It sat there till now.
I went looking again this morning and I’m able to announce my ONE recipient, and surprise! It’s not a costume blog! And I’m not going to require that they nominate FIFTEEN other bloggers.

So to accept the award one must:
1. Display the award and link back to the person who nominated you.
2. State 7 facts about yourself.
3. Nominate 1 blogger for the award.
4. Notify the winner.  

I’ve already named the two bloggers above who awarded me.
1. I love dark chocolate and found that even sugar-free tastes good, but it can’t be plain. Nuts & jellies are best.
2. I feed just about every bird in the neighborhood with our backyard feeder and love to listen to the birds sing. I think I got this from my Dad who raised little parakeets when I was a youngster.
3. I need to read every night for at least a half hour or my brain won’t shut down.
4. I can’t watch a historical costume movie anymore without criticizing the historical inaccuracy. Drives my hubby crazy.  But I also can’t watch police procedural TV programs or movies without criticizing it, and my hubby joins in with me.
5. I collect teacups, with a preference for Made in England, in pretty florals, and my favorites are Royal Albert and Colclough.
6. When planning for a trip or vacation, I search for tearooms or antique shops that I can go to. Sometimes I get more excited about that than the actual trip.
7. I’ve been married 30 years. To the same man.

My nominee for Very Inspiring Blogger is Mennonite Girls Can Cook http://www.mennonitegirlscancook.ca/ . This isn’t just one person writing but a group of ladies who contribute some of the most delicious recipes I’ve had in a long time. Good old fashioned cooking! And I’ve been sharing a lot of them with my friends and family. They’re that good! And they really got me excited about new meals to make, although they tend to be more in calories. 

2 comments:

  1. I have two parakeets and I love them. :) I can't wait till I have a house and can put out a bird feeder!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So funny I can picture the two of you watching movies together. At least it makes for lively and spirited conversation. Love your teacup collection and can't wait to see what tearooms you visit on your travels. Pictures, please!

    ReplyDelete

ALL COMMENTS ARE HELD IN MODERATION UNTIL I APPROVE THEM TO SAVE EVERYONE FROM SPAMMERS. But I would love to hear from my readers!