I received this award from two people within a day of each other near the beginning of April. I received it first from Marijke of I Like Historical Clothing and from Cindy at The Broke Costumer With everything going on with me at the time, I wasn’t able to focus on what all was required of me to accept this award and follow up on it. I was supposed to nominate 15 bloggers that were also deserving of this award. My first thought was, come on, how about just 2 or 3? Of course I went searching my list of favorite bloggers and most of them have already been nominated for it. So what’s a girl to do? It sat there till now.
I went looking again this morning and I’m able to announce my ONE recipient, and surprise! It’s not a costume blog! And I’m not going to require that they nominate FIFTEEN other bloggers.
So to accept the award one must:
1. Display the award and link back to the person who nominated you.
2. State 7 facts about yourself.
3. Nominate 1 blogger for the award.
4. Notify the winner.
I’ve already named the two bloggers above who awarded me.
1. I love dark chocolate and found that even sugar-free tastes good, but it can’t be plain. Nuts & jellies are best.
2. I feed just about every bird in the neighborhood with our backyard feeder and love to listen to the birds sing. I think I got this from my Dad who raised little parakeets when I was a youngster.
3. I need to read every night for at least a half hour or my brain won’t shut down.
4. I can’t watch a historical costume movie anymore without criticizing the historical inaccuracy. Drives my hubby crazy. But I also can’t watch police procedural TV programs or movies without criticizing it, and my hubby joins in with me.
5. I collect teacups, with a preference for Made in England, in pretty florals, and my favorites are Royal Albert and Colclough.
6. When planning for a trip or vacation, I search for tearooms or antique shops that I can go to. Sometimes I get more excited about that than the actual trip.
7. I’ve been married 30 years. To the same man.
My nominee for Very Inspiring Blogger is Mennonite Girls Can Cook http://www.mennonitegirlscancook.ca/ . This isn’t just one person writing but a group of ladies who contribute some of the most delicious recipes I’ve had in a long time. Good old fashioned cooking! And I’ve been sharing a lot of them with my friends and family. They’re that good! And they really got me excited about new meals to make, although they tend to be more in calories.