This is a photo diary of my costuming "travels"; where I've learned and struggled to make historical costumes for myself. They're not always pretty, but always fun, most of the time. And I want to share with others what I learn along the way. **You can find me on Facebook, https://www.facebook.com/Time-Traveling-in-Costume-640703499399817/ or have my posts delivered to your email by signing up at the lower part of the right column.**



About Me

My photo
HI, my name is Val. I'm a member of Costumer's Guild West in Los Angeles, Dean of 2018 & 2024 Costume College; Past President of the San Diego Costume Guild, member of Orange County Costume Guild, and a representative of the San Diego History Center. I also put on historical fashion shows for various groups. I make my own historical costumes but don't sell any unless I get tired of one.The eras I've made so far are 1770 up to 1918. My favorite is the 1880s bustle.

Followers

Thursday, September 3, 2015

Calling All Costume Guilds & Groups!

Many times I hear costumers/people say they can never find anyone or groups they can play dress-up with, or places to go in costume. I started a list of them on my pattern review group on Facebook after asking around for anyone to share them. 
Now I want to reach out to all my readers here on Blog and ask you too to share a link to your guild or group in the US or elsewhere. 
Please write out the name of the group, and then provide a link to their WEBSITE or FACEBOOK PAGE. I will be checking them first before approving its inclusion on my blog to prevent spamming. 
                                                   
                                                        They will be "Chloe Approved".

These are ones I have so far:
Costumers Guild West (CGW-Los Angeles area, CA)

Historical Citizen's Association ( HCA- Los Angeles area, CA)
  
San Diego Costume Guild (SDCG-San Diego, CA) 

Greater Bay Area Costume Guild (GBACG-San Francisco area, CA) 

Puget Sound Historical Costumers Guild (Washington state) 

Costuming in Seattle-(SITU-Somewhere in Time, Unlimited--Seattle, WA)

PDX Time Travellers Costume Guild (Metro Portland, Oregon and Vancouver, WA)

Dallas Fort Worth Costumers Guild (Dallas/Fort Worth, TX)

Kansas City Costume Guild (KCCG -Kansas)

Central Florida Costumer's Guild (CFCG-Florida)

Washington DC Area Costumers  (Washington, DC)

Empire State Costumers  (NY / NJ)

Gilded Age Society  (NJ / northest coast of US)

Living History Company (ST LOUIS, MO)

Costumers Anonymous of North Texas (Dallas/Fort Worth ,TX)

RennFire /Fire-Friends in Recreation & Education)  (Phoenix, AZ)
https://rennfire.org/ (under construction)
FB--The Tudor Project & More https://www.facebook.com/TheTudorProject?fref=ts 

Oregon Regency Society  


8 comments:

  1. I'm looking for a costume group in London- will be keeping an eye out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a group I'd join if i was in London - c1851 lower class
    http://www.raggedvictorians.co.uk/

    I'm in the NSW chapter of the Australian Costumers' Guild, & there are active groups in Brisbane & Adelaide also.
    www.acg.org.au

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ista. There are indeed some Aussies on my pattern group.
      Val

      Delete
    2. "Images of the Past" Dunedin, New Zealand
      http://imagesofthepastdunedin.webs.com

      Delete
  3. Great Basin Costume Society, Reno, NV Facebook
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/greatbasincostume/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Check under Events on Page of Great Basin Costume Society on Facebook in Reno for what we may be doing next as a group. Sorry Val, posted the other message and thought this might be more helpful to those looking for a group to join. Of course you can scroll through and see past activities we have enjoyed. https://www.facebook.com/groups/greatbasincostume/

    ReplyDelete

ALL COMMENTS ARE HELD IN MODERATION UNTIL I APPROVE THEM TO SAVE EVERYONE FROM SPAMMERS. But I would love to hear from my readers!