This is a photo diary of my costuming "travels"; where I've learned and struggled to make historical costumes for myself. They're not always pretty, but always fun, most of the time. And I want to share with others what I learn along the way. **You can find me on Facebook, https://www.facebook.com/Time-Traveling-in-Costume-640703499399817/ or have my posts delivered to your email by signing up at the lower part of the right column.**



About Me

My photo
HI, my name is Val. I'm a member of Costumer's Guild West in Los Angeles, Dean of 2018 & 2024 Costume College; Past President of the San Diego Costume Guild, member of Orange County Costume Guild, and a representative of the San Diego History Center. I also put on historical fashion shows for various groups. I make my own historical costumes but don't sell any unless I get tired of one.The eras I've made so far are 1770 up to 1918. My favorite is the 1880s bustle.

Followers

Wednesday, February 13, 2013

I Love Learning Something New


February 13, 2013
One of my favorite sayings is I learn something new every day. It might not be much but it all accumulates.
This morning while looking through some interesting blogs I came across The Merry Dressmaker and saw a link to one of her entries on the right for “scaling patterns for lazy dressmakers”. :D 
But this information she posted turned out to be a hidden gem for me. I learned how to find and use edit my photos on Paint that was already in my computer.
Basically you pick a photo in your computer, right click on it, scroll down to Open With, then go to Paint.
So far I’ve only played with Erase, the little rectangle shaped thingie on the left column. You can scroll over each to see what they do.
I started with a very dark photo with a black background, and erased everything surrounding me. It’s a little tedious and a bit rough for my first one, but wow, a new play toy! Hmm… so this is how they make all those skinny women.


1 comment:

ALL COMMENTS ARE HELD IN MODERATION UNTIL I APPROVE THEM TO SAVE EVERYONE FROM SPAMMERS. But I would love to hear from my readers!